San Francisco

So, I'm going to start actually posting due to the requests of all my numerous admirers! haha. Well, since June 1st I've been staying with my aunt and uncle in San Fran taking two weeks of cooking lessons! I've taken classes for French, Indian, and Italian cuisine and a pies and tarts and basic knives skills class! Tomorrow I'll take a Moroccan course and on Tuesday I'll finish by taking a "Test Drive" course. My favorites have definitely been the Pies and Tarts and Italian food workshops! Wow! I can make pies with lattices now! My tart was also quite tasty might I add! I've gotten to celebrate my uncle's birthday and help out with the twins (my 8 yr old boy cousins) since I've been here and really enjoyed it! When I left home my suitcase was loaded w/ over 20 novels to read and I think I have about nine left! The pool has been so great to read by "basking in the California sun!"

Onto other subjects, my grandmother is still not doing so great but she has gotten to go home. She won't come live in her apartment at our house because Papa feels like he has more freedom at their house and she wants him to be happy. We've gotten her a hospital bed at home to be comfortable but it seems in conversation that my aunts/uncles/ and parents seem to talk about her impending death. It's been really disheartening that my doctor aunt and uncle talk about her death so scientifically like all that we can do now is make her comfortable. I really believe in miracles. Oh well. Other than that things are going great. I'll be home on the 15th and I've really realized how much I love home. I'm not at all homesick I just really appreciate how everything is at home and the feeling you get being there. Anyways -- I'm off to watch a movie or finish my theory worksheet for piano - whichever I feel more inclined to do!

Comments