Exam Week

It has been a week! Sarah and I have been cramming for our midterms....and feeling guilty for going out during prime study time! It seemed that every time we both really needed to study (IE the night before a Religion Exam you hadn't studied for, etc) we were invited out to do something fun. On Sunday night, we met up with Myriam, Brionna, and two of our Italian guy friends, Claudio and Fanta. We all went to the Scottish Pub. Interestingly, Italian guys seem to always pick activities with girls where they can actually converse and get to know each other! Usually, we all go out to a Pub/Bar where we can sit and talk for 3-4 hours - that's pretty different than at home!
For the rest of the week, we juggled procrastination and cramming, usually erring on the side of procrastination. Thursday was an exciting day - Mama's client John Galese and his wife took me out to dinner. It was so much fun! We went to an Italian restaurant the the Galeses had been frequenting for years (and the owner knew their names!) - the Trattoria il Panello. Our meal was delicious - we shared fritto mistos for our first course, artichoke risotto for my second, veal with fried sage as my third, and a delicious Italian cake (almost like gelatto cake) for my fourth. The restaurant had an unusual tradition regarding the wine; when a bottle is bought, the restaurant only charges the customer for the amount they drink. So we were brought both red and white wines to enjoy, and what was not imbibed would be used in the kitchen.
After a very enjoyable meal and a lovely brisk walk home, Sarah and I got ready to enjoy the remainder of the night out with Claudio and Fanta. We went to The Williams, a local Pub, and reveled in the camaraderie of solidifying friendships. After thoroughly analyzing our night (a tradition I wish Sarah did not have me joining in
:-D haha) I went to sleep, thrilled that after class on Friday, I would see my Mama!

Comments