Sick...

Yuck Yuck Yuck! I have caught the first cold of the season. The weather is lovely here in Firenze. A perfect 66 degrees. But the hot and cold and hot and cold fronts plus the fact that everyone is getting sick has now caught up to me. I went to the pharmacy today, as I was unable to breathe in class, and against my better judgement, bought meds. The pharmacy by the duomo has high prices on everything, but the school secretary said that all pharmacies had the same prices (on meds..I think). So in order to feel ok for my test today, I bought meds at the break. The pharmacists here diagnose you, and give you whatever meds they think you need. So I told him my symptoms and he gave me one sheet (10) of antihistimine type tablets (although he did not tell me what they were - just how to use them!) and 10 water solluble vitamin C's for 13.70 euro. Crazy expensive! Although my Italian friend says that this is normal, I can't help but believe if I'd gone to a different pharmacy, it would have been cheaper. And... I think I really screwed up that test! Oh well! I'm hoping to be all perfect before Mama arrives a week from tomorrow! And I heard from some friends at home today that'd I'd been missing! And one of my special sorority sisters is living in Spain!! And I'm going out tonight! Yay!!

Comments