"Io Sono Porco"

So. I couldn't be more embarrassed. Ha! And I rarely get embarrassed! In class today, we were learning Italian euphemisms and vocabulary. It was so interesting and fun to translate and hear similar euphemisms to American ones! But, much to my chagrin, as I asked how to say that you're a pig, I learned that in Italy, that phrase has a totally different meaning. Just last month, I was talking with my cute neighbor, and after having eaten too much that day, told him "io sono porco!" and blew air into my cheeks. He laughed and had a huge grin on his face, but of course, I thought my amazing facial expression was the cause. But no, as my teacher so kindly explained to me today, "io sono porco" means "I am a pervert." Ah! So apparently, I told my neighbor, ever so innocently, that I am a perv. Haha! Learning languages has never been so fun!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's almost as bad as my comment about "Tony says all the guys at Republic Steel chew ..." LOL Laura
Anonymous said…
Don't feel bad....lo Sono Porco too.

Dad