Flowers, caramel chocolate, and homemade harvested grape-apple strudel


Flowers, caramel chocolate, and homemade hand-picked grape-apple strudel - what more can a girl ask for?

After a hard day at school with very little sleep the night before, I was pooped. I had told my Hungarian friend* Angela that I would go with her to a Szekesfehervarian photo club at five pm after school. I arrived back around four, sat down for a minute or so, and then packed up my camera bag and headed off to Angela’s house.

Angela’s front door opens up into an absolutely amazing garden. I had never seen some of the varieties of flowers. There were roses, asparagus, daffodils, and my new personal favorite shown in the picture above – I have no clue what kind of flower it is, but Angi cut it for me, and it is brightening up my kitchen table!

After enjoying her garden, I got to meet Angela’s mother and Angi surprised me with a fabulous caramel chocolate bar and, even better, her homemade grape-apple strudel. I bit into the strudel and the crunchy exterior flaked, its flavor slightly honeyed. The fruity interior of the strudel was filled with harvest apples and grapes that gave it a crunch – much better than any bakery! Then, we were off to the library, where Angi showed me all the English books, dvds, and cds, and I got a library card!
We then settled down to enjoy seeing and critiquing people’s photographs in the photography club. Each person brings about 20 photos to show on the projector and the photographer gains constructive criticism from his/her peers while the viewers see new places and things from different angles. I was asked to bring my photographs next week! One of the group members had recently been to visit her son in the States – she wants me to marry him! Ha! I did make some wonderful and friendly contacts at the meeting – I have been so thrilled with how helpful, friendly, and kind the Hungarian people are!

I made my way home a content woman – enriched with lovely experiences and new friends.
* I first began talking to Angela through Couchsurfing.com before I left. I wanted to make a Hungarian friend that I could have as soon as I arrived. And is she not just wonderful! I am thrilled that I am getting to become involved with my community and meet new people with her!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Anna, that sounds like so much fun - looking at the garden, new friends and being asked to join local activities. I'm proud of you! Love you and have fun! Mommie
Anonymous said…
The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks
Anonymous said…
Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=full update for all antivirus and security 2008 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you partake of the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg