Travel Couturier



Cliffs overhanging pristine azure beaches, ancient homes draped in wisteria, olive groves as far as the eye can see – tell me your thoughts and I’ll plan your dream vacation. For an extra fee, I will accompany you and your group as a tour guide, handling all the details and allowing you to have a stress-free, fun-filled adventure.

This would be my dream job! Dorothea Benton Frank’s main character in Full of Grace has a job similar to this – where she accompanies and leads wealthy business and personal tour groups, planning their entire trip and smoothing it along the way – what a dream for me! I am quite proficient at this. I have planned numerous trips around people with differing desires and interests, and on different budgets.

Lately, I’ve been planning a week-long tour of Southern France, winding through little towns, staying in a lovely apartment in a village off the beaten path. I’ve also put together an Italian tour for the summer, transcending into a nine day stint in Russia. All on a tiny budget!

My afternoon was spent lounging in a Hungarian coffee shop, sipping gourmet teas and coffees while planning trips and researching Parisian apartments for a romantic getaway for a friend. An epicurean delight rounded off the night with style РSaut̩ed Tilapia on a bed of tangy Middle Eastern spiced tarhonya, surrounded by steamed edamame and drizzled with plump raisins. Bon appetit!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read your most recent post of your troubles with the ticket collectors, your fines etc .... then read this post and found much humor in wanting you to plan my next adventure. I wouldn't want my tour guide to land in jail.

But I love you so ...
Love
Aunt Karen