Non-Stop Palacsintázó, Sappy Chick Flicks, and Lock Picking in Budapest


When in doubt, go to Betthyány Tér for Hungarian palacsinta and mashed potatoes, that’s my motto!

Mama nad I arrived in Budapest on Saturday after quite a long train ride, made fun by being together….and the cute conductor I loved smiling at. We hopped on the metro to Betthyány Tér, where Mama longed to try the all-nighter pancake house, Nagyi Palacsintazója, which Dad and I had raved over.

An apple-walnut crêpe, banana-Nutella crêpe, turó-raisin crêpe, and chicken & broccoli mashed potato later, we were off to find our apartment, nestled on the street where Robert Pattinson had been filming the day before!

The apartment was great! Thrilled with our find, we set off to go sightsee a bit, only to have to make a surprise stop for leggings. Why is the weather so different in Budapest and Székesfehérvár?

An expensive pair of leggings later, we made it to the theatre to see Dear John, a sweet Nicholas Sparks that really made me think.

On our way home, we stopped to gather breakfast and snacks for Sunday. Our arrival at the apartment was a fiasco! The main entrance had a keypad.

“What was the code?”

“I don’t know! I don’t have it anywhere!”

“They’re not answering the phone!”

Mama and I begged the bar next door to help us enter our apartment and we finally made it in, only to find out that the code had been written on the keychain. Shoot!

Comments